All the more reason to exercise the body AND the brain!
• The number Americans suffering from Alzheimer’s (currently estimated at 5.3 million) will more than double in the next two decades.
• Alzheimer’s hits women harder than men – 2/3 of those with Alzheimer’s are female
• Obesity and diabetes are leading risk factors; diabetes increases Alzheimer’s risk by 65 percent
• Annual per patient cost of Alzheimer’s in the U.S. is $56,800
• 60 percent of this cost is borne by the family
• Global cost of Alzheimer’s care is estimated at $604 billion
Source: Alzheimer’s Association